Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Day After

So yesterday was my first day of classes at Midwest College of Oriental Medicine (MCOM). Here are some very important things I discovered yesterday:
One) It DOES NOT take anywhere near 17 minutes like google maps said it does to take the bus from my area of Edgewater to get over towards Montrose and the school it took maybe 10. So I got there nearly an hour early. Being a bit fearful I would be late for my first day of classes I left early, thinking well its nearly a twenty minute bus ride, I'll only be about 30 minutes early. Boy was I wrong, lucky the Jewel was open so I just wandered around there for a while looking at everything and hoping that I can expand on my collection of food soon since my apartment is getting a little bare.
Two) Midwest's program is intense! But I like it that way! I was in class from 9:00 to 6:00 normally it would in fact run to 6:45 but we got out early.
Three) There is a great little grocery store right across from the school which name escapes me for the moment but I'll post here in a moment, and no I don't mean the Jewel I mean a little convenient store.
Four) I need to buy a nicer pair of shoes then I have for days I'm going to be in clinic
Five) I need to buy a lab coat a stethoscope and a blood pressure cuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment